Monday, June 1, 2009

14 Weeks and Slim


Today marks week 14 for our baby-in-tow. The baby is now over 3 inches long and roughly the size of a lemon! Out of the first trimester (already!??) and wondering when I'll be out of bed. In my whole pregnancy so far, Ive thrown up 3 times. 2 of those times have been in the past couple of days. I think what happens is I fall asleep with heartburn, that settles in my stomach over night then joins me for breakfast the next day. All 3 times have been the morning after major not-fun heartburn. I have read, though, that heartburn=a hairy baby? Hmmm, I dunno we'll have to see. While my stomach feels ever so slightly better these days, I feel more tired, have more headaches and heartburn is my constant companion. The upside of all this? Ive lost nearly 20lbs! The other night at dinner I was talking to Jon, absentmindedly playing with my ring, when I realized I could easily take it on and off! I havent been able to do that for some time! While losing weight when I'd thought Id be gaining it was disconcerting at first, my fabulous midwife assured me that in no time, my appetite will be in full force and I just need to be sure Im eating healthy when I can. One of my sister-in-laws did the same thing so now Im just excited for my ring finger!
Yesterday was the best day ever! Church in the morning, then relaxed the rest of the day away. I decided to take a shower mid afternoon and when I got out, I found this waiting on my bed for me! The picture does NOT do this amazing sandwhich justice. A croissant roll with cream cheese, light mustard, muenster cheese, turkey, sprouts, avocado, tomato... and served with ripe red cherries and baked Lays. Does it even get better than this? My husband is amazing!

3 comments:

The Chambers said...

Umm OK i want to jump through the screen and shove that WHOLE sandwhich in my mouth! Oh my goodness it LOOKS delicious! He is so good to you. And 20 lbs? Hm...maybe I should get pregnant ;)

The Carlson Family said...

i had sooo much heartburn and Aedan was a hairy beast, so ????. Yeah, I remember feeling guilty my first tri ;cause I was the skinniest I had been in years LOL! I think I lost about 16 or so. You'll be fine!

Shelly Marie said...

oh Jon is the best!!!
at least you have some hope for SOME sort of hair on your baby! with my luck my kids won't have hair until they're two!!!