Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Anyone listen to U2? Well, their song was the inspiration for the title to my post. That, and of course, Pax.
On Sunday, while we were at church, Pax was walking around getting his wiggles out. He's been doing really good with walking lately and being more adventurous. Anyway, he kept walking up to the window and kissing his reflection (he learned how to kiss and is kissing EVERYTHING lately). On his way up to the window, he slipped on the rug and hit his eye on the corner of the big entry door. Jon was out there with him and by the time he got pax in to the bathroom, blood was rushing from the wound and the poor baby was screaming!
The Relief Society prez came in to the chapel and told me my husband needed me out in the foyer. So, I walked out there and found Jon holding a crying and very bloody Paxton. Jon was a little worried that I was going to freak out and was a little surprised when I said "gee, Im glad this happened on your watch and not mine!"
Anyway, thank goodness for good insurance and an after-hours urgent care just down the street. We took him in and left a couple hours later with 6 stitches and a Spider Man band aid. Ugh, I never want to go through this again. In order for them to stitch him up, they had to strap him to a table and cover his head (for sanitary reasons). The only thing I could do was sing to him and tell him that I was still there. Poor Jon gets a little queasy with blood and the doctor made him sit in the corner but every time Pax heard his daddy's voice, he seemed to calm down a little for just a second.
Im glad the worst is over and I hope Ive filled my quota with this baby on injuries. I still cant believe that I have a 14month old with stitches. especially since he's so passive and generally speaking, not very crazy. Just goes to show that these things can happen to anyone.
This is Pax on the way to the urgent care. I just happened to have my camera in the back seat from the night before!

This is Pax later that day with his cool new band aid. He did really well with leaving it alone actually. 

Here's Paxton earlier today. We took him back in to the doctor for a suture check. On Friday we will take him back in the get the stitches taken out. That poor eye looks awful! 

And this is how Paxton has been feeling since Sunday. Cranky, tired and sore. Oh, and did I mention he's teething? Yep, also has two molars wanting to push through.

Poor guy. Poor parents too. I wish I could take all his hurts away. 

4 comments:

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

awwww so sad!! get better soon pax! and take it easy lisa and jon. you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

mmg said...

Lisa, Actually Jon said you were the hero of the hour.

Jeff and Lindsey said...

I thought he was the bravest little soldier ever at our house that night! Tough as nails!

Hopefully all the little people we bring will cheer him up - see ya tmrw :)

Lucy said...

you sound just like a Carlson!