Saturday, February 26, 2011

Workout Ideas, Anyone???

Ive decided to try a workout video. The problem is, I havent worked out in ages so I cant jump into a super intense one quite yet. Im thinking maybe a dance workout, kickboxing or maybe just an ordinary aerobic. Has anyone had success with a particular technique?
Oh, and I read from my Fitness magazine that getting more calcium, vitamin C and B vitamins in every day will help a lot if you are trying to lose some weight. Just a tidbit of info in case anyone cares :)
Oh, and Im open to any advice anyone may have out there. BRING IT ON!!!!

7 comments:

Molly said...

Try the Jillian Michaels DVDs!
I have her "30 Day Shred" and I have liked it (the 2 or 3 times I have done it). I think it has 3 20 minute workouts (beginning, moderate, difficult), so it's quick enough that you don't feel like you are doing it forever, but enough that you feel the burn the next day!
I think you can find it for only $10 too. Also, I think the only equipment you need for it is some small weights

Anonymous said...

I like Jillian Michaels 30-day shred so far...$10.00 at wal-mart.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm still learning how to post comments on blogs...the above was mine.
Brittany Snow

Shelly Marie said...

Mom and dad have a great pilates video that you should try. I used to swear by it! Also, hulu has tons of workout videos!

Jon Lisa and Paxton said...

Thank you Thank you, all! I have to say though, Jillian Michaels scares the heck out of me. I feel like even her breathing is intense! Haha, I'll try it though

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

don't buy jillian, i have it and i'll mail it to you! can't use it right now anyways... also i agree with shelly. i love pilates! and hulu and netflix have really great yoga workouts. i like yoga more than aerobic bc i'm in an upstairs apartment and it doesn't seem as strenuous. also, take pax on a 20 minute walk every day, especially while the weather is nice!

your hair is super cute dark by the way. i love it both ways, but i know what it feels like to be ready for a change :)

Heidi said...

My family is really enjoying "Yoga for beginners and beyond" by Body Wisdom Media. It has 3 dvds and a whole lot of options for different lengths and difficulties of workouts. Samuel has started doing it with us and it is really cute!