Thursday, February 5, 2009

In The Dog House or Blessing in Disguise?

5 minutes after waking up Wednesday morning Im brushing my teeth and Jon looks over at me with a look that can only be described as 'bad news'. He has something in his hands and as he walks over to me, Im squinting to get a look since I dont have my glasses on yet. As he got close I noticed, what else? but my glasses in his hands. He handed them to me and my heart sank. My darling Pennie puppy had apparently spent a good portion of the night with her new favorite chew toy. I didnt have a thing to say. I put them on to see the full extent of the damage and almost threw them across the room. Yes, I can still see out of them enough to drive or read but thats not real comforting when every other person who sees me says 'I think you must have something all over your lenses!' I got ready in silence, kissed my husband goodbye and headed off to work. There are two people I call when Im so mad that all I can do is vent: Jon and my mom. Since Jon already knew the story, I picked up my phone and gave my momma a call. Best call I couldve made. Not only did she use the phrase "that sucks!' which totally made me smile(she NEVER EVER says 'sucks') but she light heartily said "well Lisa, now would be a good time to think about all the things youre thankful for". I hung up the phone and began to think. I sat down at my desk and wrote Jon an email that was titled "10 Things I am Thankful For". I sat for a moment, thought, and typed #1 Having You (Jon) in my life. The rest wasnt as easy. I set the email aside and in between patients and paperwork, I pulled up that email and added one more to my list. By the end, my mood was incredibly much lighter and the world, though seen through chewed up glasses, didnt look so crappy after all. It was a lesson learned from my good mother, who probably had no idea she would change my day so much. Thank goodness for Mothers! In light of Wednesday, I would like to add my '10 hings I Am Thankful For'
1. My Husband, my best friend and the reason Ive come to believe in soul mates (awwwww)
2. My puppies, even though they chewed on my glasses and peed on my clean sheets
3. Having family, my other best friends, so close.
4. Jon and I having the same work schedules and being able to have lunch together at home every day
5. The Gospel in my life. Where would I be without the faith I have and the things I know
6. Hair Dye because when life gives you boring blonde hair, dye that sucker to death!
7. A flexible work schedule that has allowed so many trips this past year
8. Google- I swear theyre in the business to take over the world!
9. An Apartment with good A/C because we've definitely been there when we didnt
10. Always having the money in the bank to pay the bills. 10% payback will do wonders folks!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

oh I so feel for you. Good thing their teeth aren't bigger!