Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Protest!

So Im really not against someone standing up for what they believe. America is all about freedom of speech and a right to choose its own government. I am, however, against blatant outright ridicule. While I find it completely fine for a Democrat, Liberal or Republican to be outspoken about something, I completely disagree with one of them supporting things such as the movie W. or Will Ferrell's new Broadway production. Why? because it makes Americans look bad, not just the President. With that said...

=President Obama was in town this morning and my brother Michael, his wife Racheal, Mitch, Aedan and myself marched the streets of Tempe just outside Dobson High where Mr President spoke. It was so much fun to be a part of! We made posters with my Cricut machine and we even put a sign on little Aedans stroller. A news channel interviewed me and TONS of people were commenting on my posters and even asking for pictures. Kinda weird but I felt really good about the message I was trying to deliver. It was comforting to be in the midst of hundreds of people all united in one voice. I dont often take a public stance on politics but given the 787 billion $$ plan that was just signed, the 17 thousand troops that were deployed this past week and the move to socialize our government, I figured "what the heck!"

2 comments:

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

looks like we missed out big-time! p.s. your signs are really cute lol.

Jill Rosenhan said...

Hey! I found your blog on Danica's and hope you don't mind me adding you on mine! I love that you protested! Your signs are AWESOME! I agree 100% with everything you said!