Monday, January 26, 2009

Our First Anniversary!






So we celebrated our 1 year on Sunday (hurray!!!). In honor of the event, Jon and I rented a cabin up north of Show Low, packed up our puppies and headed out. It was the perfect way to spend the weekend. There wasnt a whole lot of snow right around our cabin but we were on a private lake with a dock and snow was a quick 10 minute drive up the mountain. Our cabin was cozy and quaint and we fell asleep each night to the dim light and slight crackle coming from our fireplace.
We had fun playing in the snow-Franklin loved running through it while poor Pennie would hunt for a dry spot to sit or would hang around my feet until I picked her up. We pulled a "those people" and bought them jackets but, in our defense, we read that their breed does not do well in cold weather. So, to help combat the wind chill, we bought them jackets.
It was so nice to get away from everything and hang out just the two of us. Its fun now to look back on the year at everything we've been able to do and accomplish and to realize how much the Lord has blessed us. Its amazing to think about decisions the two of us made even years ago that brought us together. The Lord has a plan and provides a way and I am reminded of that every morning when I open my eyes and see, not only the man of my dreams, but my best friend lying next to me. Its so crazy to think that we made the decision to spend the rest of eternity together in just a few short hours. It takes me that long sometimes to decide what to eat. Anyhow, I didnt mean to sap you all out. We had a wonderful weekend and a great first year and we look forward to many, many more.

2 comments:

dani said...

You have a blog! Fun! Ok, a few things.

Your puppies are freakin adorable and I'm so jealous. We want to get a dog SO bad! Once we have a backyard...

We are OBSESSED with Lost. The premier was amazing, glad to hear you guys are fans.

I cant belive both of your brothers have babies.

Your wedding pictures are very cute. You look like red riding hood. :)

Ok I think thats it. haha Lets get together soon!

Tina said...

I'm glad you had a good anniversary. This year has gone by pretty quickly! Who knew that you would have "kids" by now??