Wednesday, January 14, 2009

yeah...we're those people

You know the ones, those people who dress their dogs in clothing
those people who take their dogs with them everywhere and sneak them into Wal-Mart
those people who cant go over to Sunday dinner without taking 'the kids'
those people who refer to their dogs as 'the kids'
Rest assured everyone!
Being 'those people'
has already served us justice!

Pennie freakin peed on our bed last night because we're those people who let their dogs sleep in their bed
(she wont be sleeping with us for quite a while)


Franklin took off running yesterday mornin
g when Jon took him to take out the trash because we're those people who don't always put their dog on a leash. Jon, two bags of trash in hand, chased him down in his pj's


We buy high-end dog food, gourmet 'homemade' doggie treats, dress them up for special occasions
and fork out grooming and vet bills on a regular basis.
What is my point? I really don't know except being those people is expensive. At least having a kid wont be as much of a shock that it normally would be.
Until then and in the meantime, I love these two freakin dogs. Its so fun to walk in the door and see them get all excited. How could anyone not love that?

3 comments:

The Carlson Family said...

ah, this post made me laugh so hard! I never thought I'd be one of "those people", but I swear if I had your dogs mike would have to force me not to go buy them stuff all the time. mike secretly wants one, just wait
:: taps fingers Mr. Burns style::

Shelly Marie said...

OMGosh! That's hilarious!
I guess I tag you now! I didn't know if you would do it if I had tagged you!

Tina said...

You two crack me up!!

I'm glad Franklin and Pennie are providing so much parent practice for you....:)