Friday, May 15, 2009

Yep, we're PREGNANT!

Jon and I found out we're pregnant! Just a couple of weeks before moving to Michigan, the test came out positive for baby-in-the-belly. I took the test early in the morning (for optimum results) and woke Jon up freaking out. After a second of coming-to, he realized what I was raving about and his face lit up like Ive never seen before. With little time for the excitement to even settle in, I was sick and making plans for baby. All I can say is thank goodness for a midwife mom! I wish every woman had the blessing of having such an intimate relationship with their pregnancy caregiver. Its made this first-time experience of ours quite calm and care-free.
We're currently right at the 3-month mark.

Our bun in the oven is roughly the size of a fig!

12 weeks in and I still find myself sick here and there, though mostly at night. I picked up some acupuncture wrists bands that have worked wonders! Eating is a lot harder than Id expected. My appetite is completely conditional; theres usually only one thing that sounds good and that one thing might make me sick to even think about later. I cant cook a meal and expect to eat it because smelling anything for too long will make me sick. I bought maternity clothes today! Its weird that I am so excited about it. But literally since the day we found out, nothing has fit. I already have a bump and those stretchy momma-to-be pants are 100% heaven sent!
The best thing about all this morning sickness, no appetite and clothes that don't fit, in about 6 months I'm gonna have a baby to show for it! Stay tuned, lots of updates coming right up! Going a month without posting has left quite a lot unsaid :)

4 comments:

T+C=N said...

yay!!! I am so excited! Wait werent we just having our 16th birthday party together???? We are gonna be moms! Did your mom tell you that she is my midwife! I decided on a home birth and I am so excited! Oh and all those things like only being able to eat certain things and morning sickness only lasted until I was about 18 weeks and then from there is it pure fun and joy! I cant even tell you how much I love being pregnant. Its amazing being able to feel him moving around. You will love it! Congrats! And we are in OK cuz Trent sell for Moxie pest control. He is the team leader this year so its great! How is Jon doing? Your mom said he is selling in Michigan... Let me know!

Jenna said...

Congratulations Lady! Being a momma is the best. You have sooooo much to look forward to :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations you two! We are both so excited for you! I hope the nausea passes soon and that it is smooth sailing for you through the duration of your pregnancy. We love ya!

Molly said...

congratulations, cousin!!!
i'm so happy for you!