Monday, May 18, 2009

The heartbeat!

This morning I heard the baby's heart for the first time! I'm in Phoenix for a few days and had my very first prenatal appointment. Jon and I are having a home birth and my mother is actually going to be our midwife. So this morning, with my mom and my sister, I heard my little baby for the first time. My mom was actually amazed with how fast she was able to find the heartbeat and then how strong it was. I called Jon (who is far, far away from me in Michigan) and held the phone up to the Doppler so that he could here. As soon as I held the phone up, our little baby whipped out a furious little beat. Then, the second we took the phone away, baby slowed back down to normal. It was a really amazing blessing from the Lord.
I'm amazed with how different it is now! Before, I obviously knew I was pregnant because of my fabulous nausea and fatigue. But to actually hear that little baby beating away... its just so REAL now!
Today is week 12 and our little bun-in-the-oven is roughly the size of a lime! Right at 2 inches and just about half an ounce!

1 comment:

Shelly Marie said...

hey sis!
I absolutely LOVED hearing your baby today! It was by far one of the coolest experiences I have ever had in my entire life. You guys are going to be great parents.
I loved hangin' with you this weekend! Give Jon and the puppies my love!