Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What if...

This may sound completely morbid to some of you, hopefully you will take the thought the same way I did. This morning I kissed Jon goodbye and settled down on the couch, ready to start my HouseWife time and I had a thought. "What if I died, what would people say about me?" It wasnt a depressing thought, more of a much needed pondering of sorts. If I died, what would Jon say about me? Or my parents or the friends who knew me best? Even more so, what would the people who hardly knew me at all say? Would I be remembered as someone who was kind and giving? Would people say I was faithful and righteous and a virtuous woman. I wont bother to list the negative things people would remember... far too long a list :) My point is, am I the person I want to be and want people to see me as. The answer is NO! I have so much I still I would like to improve on. I cant get down on myself for that however. The whole reason Im on this Earth, like everyone else, is to work towards perfection. Just kinda a thought I had.The Manti Temple
I love this House.

2 comments:

The Chambers said...

LOVED this post. Seriously, I have these thoughts every once in a while too. You couldn't say it any better though, we are on this earth to progress and become better people. But I often ask myself what will Tra' say about me if something happened to me and it AUTOMATICALLY straightens me out and I am such an angel for the next couple days, then the thought goes away, but it comes back and the cycle repeats...boy I have a lot to work on!!! :o) thanks for the thought!

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

i think i'd only have GREAT memories of you! (so don't screw it up j/k:)