Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chicago

A couple of weekends ago, Jon took a day off and took me to Chicago for the weekend. We stayed in a hotel about 20 minutes out of the city and rode the train in. I had no idea how much I was going to enjoy this city! The food was AMAZING (below is a picture of the tastiest pizzas ever! Deep dish of course!)














This is a picture Jon got of the part of the city. We were on Navy Pier and rode the tallest Ferris wheel I have ever seen. Oh my goodness it was high! I hate heights but Jon somehow got me to do it and guess what? I survived...barely.










































We also walked through Millennium Park which was really cool because all through the park were art structures like this giant silver orb thingy. It was cool how all the buildings around it reflected in it. We couldn't resist taking a picture of our own reflections. We also visiting the Lincoln Park Zoo which was cool because it was huge with amazing exhibits and it was completely FREE! We got some tasty Chicago hot dogs, delicious cheesecake and just enjoyed walking around the city.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

that looks likes so much fun, we miss you guys and will be sooo glad to get you both back home! Love ya

The Chambers said...

OK i am officially starving now thank you. I want a chicago hot dog and pizza ASAP! I have always wanted to go to Chicago, I can't believe I never went when I lived in Nauvoo for a few months, i was so close! FUN TRIP!