Friday, June 17, 2011

The second time around

So Im 16 weeks along, as of today. Thankfully, my morning sickness did not last as long as last time (til about 20 weeks). Ugh. Ive been out of the nausea phase for a couple of weeks now but dang, I am so much more tired this time around. I have actual fatigue, meaning Im out of breath just from sitting up in bed. Not all the time, but when it hits me, it hits me hard. Hmmm, maybe chasing after an 18-month old has something to do with it.
Something else that is new this time are all the crazy dreams. Like, CRAZY dreams. And lots of them, too. Just about every night, since Ive been pregnant, I have dream after dream. Some normal, some super weird and some really scary dreams. The nights with the scary dreams are the worst because I wake up from them and then lay in bed awake the rest of the night. Jon is so sweet though and tells me to wake him up if I need to, though I never do. Its nice just to have him next to me.
I totally look pregnant, which sucks because Im not THAT far along. Everything is pushing up and out already, which happened last time too. Ive actually lost weight since I became preggs, so I know its not extra weight. All you mammas will sympathize with me on this awkward and uncomfortable in-between stage.
Oh, and I felt the baby kicking about a week ago. I think maybe Ive felt him/her earlier than that, but its hard to distinguish air bubbles and kicks that early on. Anyway, it was awesome and made this whole thing just that much more real! Cant wait until our next ultrasound!

3 comments:

bdoyle said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and so in awe. For some reason I am FREAKED out to get pregnant again. Haha, I guess I'll deal with that when it comes. :) I bet you look adorable! Put up some pictures!

Tina said...

Tired is better than sick, but it is still difficult. Isn't it crazy all we have to go through to have children? Good thing they are worth it! I am excited to see you three really fotasoon....

The Carlson Family said...

I CANNOT wait to find out what you are gonna' have!!!