Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Um, Utah? Really?



So, we moved. This time, for good(ish). At least, we will be here longer than just a few months. Jon and I are so OVER the summer sales life. Lucky for us, Jon was offered an amazing job working for Pinnacle's corporate office. He gets full benefits, gets weekends and evenings off, pretty much can work the hours he wants and best of all, WE DONT HAVE TO MOVE AWAY IN A FEW MONTHS!!!!
The crazy part is, we now live in Utah. So weird. Jon and I always, always said we would never live in Utah but we seriously and honestly have loved every day we've been here. Its been about 6 weeks now and a day hasn't gone by that we haven't said out loud to each other how happy we are here.
We have been staying in South Jordan at my grandparents house. They were away for the first 4 1/2 weeks and we happily filled the position of "house sitter" and "plant water-er". On Friday, we are moving into our own place in Pleasant Grove, just 7 minutes away from Jon's office. I am SO excited to be so close and to spend Jon's 1-hour lunch with him AT HOME every day!
The weather has been absolutely beautiful. We've done a lot of fun things outdoors and I will post about all that soon. Oh, I hear it gets cold here some times in the winter months and that it even snows a time or two? Does anyone know if that's true? Haha, Jon keeps saying he worries when I tell him I'm "freezing" and its 65 degrees out. WISH ME LUCK!!!

5 comments:

Grace Hart said...

Haha- yes Lisa, you need to invest in something called a scarf and ear muffs :) Oh and you know how people "layered" in AZ for fashion, well in Utah you do it for survival! Glad you guys are doing so good!

Jenna said...

I am super happy for you guys! I have always said I will never live there but now that a few of my friends have recently, I now say that if I had to I would :)

Stephanie said...

Lisa! Lets get together! You guys arent too far from us!!

Grandma Rini said...

Dear Lisa and Jon--you three are sooooo photogenic! Love your picture.
Thanks so much for taking such great care of our place whle we were gone.
We're excited to have you nearby.
Hugs,
Grandma Rini

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

Excited to hear of your new adventures! Hope that you are staying warm. Today was a chilly day for us!