Friday, July 30, 2010

My name is Paxton and Im a milk-aholic!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that Paxton has officially begun eating "solids"!
We started, oh say, about 3 months ago with rice cereal. He ate some, and wasnt too impressed. So little by little we gave him small amounts to get him used to different tastes. At around 6 months, we let him try actual baby food (I think it was sweet potatoes). He ate a few bites, then pinched his lips together and refused any more of it. Again, with that we kept giving him small amounts, trying all different fruits and vegetables. The main problem we were having was that Pax would like a food and eat a good amount of it, but would absolutely HATE it the next time we tried feeding it to him. But.......
The other day Paxton found true love with bananas. He ate the whole container (a first for him by far) and was literally shaking with excitement every time I lifted the spoon with another bite on it. I tried not to get too excited but then the next day, guess what? He ate an entire container of bananas AGAIN!
We have continues to introduce new foods to him and, for the most part, he is liking it pretty well! Although I will wait quite a while before giving him green beans again- he HATED them!
I cant wait until we are done with this summer so I can be home again with my beautiful food processor and feed him fresh fruits and veggies. He still isnt too excited sometimes about the baby food, but honestly, I dont blame him because that stuff is nasty!

Anyway, here is my adorable little baby, eating on the floor because mommy and daddy were lazy one Sunday afternoon! Can you believe that red hair?! I still think it will turn more blonde as he gets out in the sun more, but for now, Im loving it!

No comments: