Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Birthday America & My 100th Post!


Wow, 100 posts! I feel like I should bake my blog a birthday cake! Alas, I must not though because Southern comfort food is starting to show up on my mid-section so its time to cut back.

Moving right along.....


We had an amazing birthday celebration with America! As sad as it may seem, this was my VERY first year celebrating the 4th of July and watching fireworks. I am usually with my family in Pinecrest, CA which is in a "no fireworks" lush forest. As sad as I am that Im not there with them now, I was SO excited to finally experience July 4th celebrations.

Let me tell you this; Memphis knows how to celebrate this amazing country. The event we went to was so much fun, full of nasty delicious "American" foods, parades, live bands and tons of rides for kids. And of course, the fireworks were amazing! I have never seen anything like it. We thought for sure that Pax would be scared and crying the whole time but he just laid in my arms and loved it!

The band played music in sync with the fireworks display and I have to say I got emotional and even teared up a few times. Being in Memphis, they couldnt leave out The King and Elvis's rendition of "Battle Hymn of the Republic" really got the water works going. As I watched the sky light up, I realized that this beautiful country that we all live in truly is a country founded and created for God's purposes. I have so many freedoms thanks to the men our Father in Heaven blessed and inspired. I love this country and I am so thankful for the privileges I enjoy on a daily basis. Happy Birthday America!

No comments: