Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Jon!

So Tuesday was Jon's birthday. The big 26! We had just gotten to Ohio and everything was in crazy mode with getting settled and what not but we managed to have some fun. We went to this CRAZY super-market type place called Jungle Jims. This store was like the amusement park of the grocery world. I will be going back and taking pictures and dedicating an entire post to it, dont you worry. For now, trust me. Huge and Crazy.

I made Jon his favorite: home-made carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It was SO good! Jon thought it was so fun to watch me actually grating carrots for it. Oh, and for dinner he requested shrimp cocktail and chicken ceasar salad. We're on a new kick lately to eat healthier and it is amazing how refreshing, yet incredibly satisfying it is to eat fresh salads and such for dinner.

We had our friends, EJ and Shelby, over for dinner and dessert. Jon and EJ served together on their missions and have been close ever since. It was fun to share Jon's day with them.


While we were in Winslow a couple of weeks back, Jon's sister Nat(and fam) did a surprise birthday party for him. They cooked dee-licious fried shrimp and other good stuff and Nat made an amazing lemon-pineapple cake. Oh wow, seriously, so good. It was so much fun to celebrate with family and to hang out.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!

***Oh and a side note, it was my mom's birthday last week as well. We had just left for Ohio and weren't there to celebrate with her so we took this picture of Pax and sent it to her. Love you Momma, Happy Birthday to you also!

5 comments:

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

Happy Birthday Jon!

That is Jayson's favorite cake too. I'll have to snag your recipe!

Mark and JanaRae said...

Lisa,

I just read your comment on Jayson and Kim's blog. I am starting to sell cloth diapers. I should be getting my first batch by May 20th. They are microfiber AIO pocket diapers. I prefer the snap ones as well. I am trying to order some vecro also but that company has been a little slow. Anyway if you want to order from me I will give them to you for what I get them $5.15/diaper. My only draw back is since I'm not totally loaded I could only order one color. Kellie chose red. So my snap ones are all red. I wish I had your phone number so I could talk to you about it. I would love to save you money. If you chose to get them somewhere else it really won't hurt my feelings either. Good luck on your move.

Jeff and Lindsey said...

I feel like I should tell you - I stalk your baby. I love him! I show his gorgeousness to anyone within a one mile radius of a computer. Nice genes.

Happy B-Day, Jon - good luck in Ohio and we hope to see you soon!

Jeff and Lindsey said...

Oh, and...buy this lady's diapers -we used cloth and that price is fantastic!! : )

Lucy said...

thanks so much, he looks so cute with the hat, I really miss him!