Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bight paper packages tied up with strings...

These are a few of my favorite things:

Johnson's has a new lotion with Shea and Cocoa Butter. It smells AMAZING! It quickly jumped to my favorite lotion spot. It has the classic light scent that all their lotions have and it rubs in smooth and soft! Best all-over body lotion!!So like EVERY pregnant woman out there, I was so, so worried about stretch marks. I tried a couple of lotions and creams but they all smelled kinda funky. Finally I found this: Palmers Tummy Butter. It has a good smell (Jon really likes it) and its super thick. It is pretty, um, oily? Waxy? Im not sure the best word to describe it but I dont care because IT WORKS! I put some on in the morning and again at night before bed. Im never itchy anymore and guess what? The two stretch marks that crept in and freaked me into buying this stuff are already fading! Awesome, awesome product.

I went to the Temple this morning and did a session with my mom. The temple is such a beautiful and peaceful place. I always leave with such a calm feeling. Its been hard in Michigan this summer because we are too far from a temple to go. I cant wait to be back home for good and get going again.

Ive had to keep a little busy while being in AZ. Two weeks away from my hot husband is so hard. To distract my lonely self, I bottled peaches and applesauce. Yummmmmmm. I love food storage and home canning. I cant wait to get home, get settled into a house, and start stocking up again on storage essentials. Costco has a book out with tons and tons of home canning recipes that I want. Maybe I'll drop hints to Jon about that :)

These are the peaches. Also made some freezer jam and
froze bags of peaches to use for cooking.

And finally, the applesauce. SOOOOOO good. Nothing beats
homemade, slightly chunky applesauce!

Prego update: Im 30 weeks and our little guy is measuring slightly ahead of dates which means he's gonna be nice and big. His foot has found a nice rest in my right rib cage and Im constantly feeling lovely sharp pains from that. He's just gone through a crazy growth spurt and Im only getting bigger. Stay tuned for belly pics coming in the next post!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

it has been exciting to see all those jars get filled up, we will have to think of a few more ideas to fill up the rest! way to go !

The Carlson Family said...

those peaches look beautiful!

the Palmer's worked for me and kept me from scratching my skin off!

have a good flight home!

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

i saw that canning book at costco and want it to!... miss the temple, so glad you got to go. go as much as you can before little pax gets here.