Monday, July 27, 2009

Fun, FIRE! and Food

Jon and I finally took advantage of the beautiful landscape that is Michigan. We went to the beach of Lake Michigan and spent the day walking around and eating YUM food. (By-the-way, I lightened my hair. What do you think? Could I be headed back to my natural blonde roots? Hmmm I dunno....)Lighthouse Pier was so much fun. At the end of the Pier, the water was gushing up against the platform and absolutely SOAKING anyone standing near. We were able to catch a few shots of how crazy it was to be standing there.
We went to a really yummy Italian restaurant right on the beach and the weather was a beautiful 72 degrees with a cool breeze and hardly any humidity. So we got a table outside and soaked up all the beautiful air and sun. The downside of eating outside? The bugs. This is a picture of the fly swimming around in our bread dip.


I had to post about this even though its been a week or so. When I finally got home to Jon after 3 whole weeks apart, Jon brought me home from the airport to this: a beautiful display of candles and rose petals and dinner. It was the sweetest and most romantic thing ever!
We were back in the bedroom eating the dinner (best salad ever, by-the-way) and I looked up and noticed the glare on the wall from the candles in the hall was kinda bright. I made a comment lightly about how it looked like the hallway was on fire. Jon laughed and got up and checked it out. There was a slight pause as he walked out the door then I heard a "OH NO!!" One of the candles apparently melted down into the carpet and caught onto the fibers. Luckily, Jon got it out just as it started to spread. We couldnt stop laughing! Our romantic night by the fire could have been a lot worse, but thank goodness this was the extent of the damage:

5 comments:

Shelly Marie said...

I LOVE your hair!!! its really cute!

The Chambers said...

um...ok that was the CUTEST thing your hubby did for you. the hallway with the candles looks AMAZING! you got a good man! I have NEVER been to a lighthouse and I really want to. I'm jealous of your adventure at the beach. You look GREAT btw...I do like your hair lighter too.

The Carlson Family said...

oh my gosh that's awesome! can you imagine if you hadn't caught it in time? that freaks me out!

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

hahaha. that's terrible but quite funny you know... jon gets super props in my book for that. he's good to you. gonna make a great baby daddy:) AND your hair is really pretty that color. it really brightens your eyes<3

Tina said...

Okay, I have to admit, that since everything turned out all right, that really struck me as funny. I will have to get my priorities straight and realize how dangerous that might have been....but I am still laughing at the moment.

Nice pictures!