Monday, April 18, 2011

Misssing This Place

 Pinecrest, California is where I have spent nearly every summer of my life. Its just about the most perfect place in the whole world. Our cabin is located high up in the Sierra Mountains and the air smells completely amazing. Mornings are spent cooking breakfast on the grill outside, days consist of reading, nature walks and swimming in the lake and the nights are brought in with roasting marshmallows around the fire pit or playing card games around the kitchen table. Pinecrest is the kind of place you go to, but you leave all your troubles behind. Its the most peaceful place I have ever been.
Its about this time of year that I start to crave the trees and serene of the Pinecrest. Everything I smell reminds me of it. My entire life, I have looked forward to bringing my own family to my own special paradise. We weren't able to go last year because we were in Tennessee. Im crossing my fingers and hoping so much that we can make it this summer.
I miss it. I love it. Pinecrest, you are my Heaven in the Hills.    

2 comments:

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

Ahhhh! Love that place too! Lisa, you seriously have a way with words. Can I just hire you to write my life story some day? I'm sure you would make it sound so much better than I could ever.

Hope you get to go this year! Sad we'll be missing out!

The Carlson Family said...

Mmmmm homesick for it now! You summed it up beautifully!