Sunday, March 14, 2010

My beef with Mcdonalds

Last night neither Jon or myself felt much up to cooking dinner. Since neither wanted to go inside anywhere and sit down to eat, and neither of us wanted the typical drive-thru burger and fries, we figured a salad would be a good way to go. Um, has anyone out there ordered a salad from Mcdonalds lately? Just a salad costs more than an entire meal! Seriously people, $6 bucks for lettuce and a few pieces of chicken?! What a rip off. The sad thing is, so many people will pay it because 1- tons of people want a healthier option and 2- EVERYONE wants a convenient option. Remember back in the day when Mcdonalds had THE BEST french fries? After Super Size Me exposed the unhealthy side of the Golden Arches, they did so many things to make their menu more health-conscious, including changing the way they prepared their fries, thus forever ridding Americans of the crunchy delight. I shall make a suggestion: make your dang salads more affordable and give me back my fried potatoes! I hereby pledge to partake in moderation and accept responsibility for the food choices I make.

2 comments:

The Carlson Family said...

hahaha i love you! Sometimes you just wanna' eat something bad for you!

Craig and Megan said...

We got a McDonald's out by our house! When are we going to Picket?? You have two good sign holders in the Daltons!!