Sunday, December 27, 2009

A sorta-kinda Christmas post

I cant believe Christmas has come and gone and our little man is already 3 weeks old! He's a little stud and we're loving every second of him. We got a cute picture of him with his cousin Lucy who is only a few days older. Isnt she seriously the cutest little girl ever?
Its tradition in our family to exchange pajamas on Christmas Eve. I thought it would be so much fun if Jon and Pax had matching pj's so with the much appreciated help from my mom, daddy and baby were twin-ers on Christmas morning. Jon was so excited!
Im in love with this picture. This is right after he ate. Eyes closed, tummy full and smiling ecstatically.
Christmas was a little unusual this year. With my little brother in the hospital and both my parents there around the clock, certain traditions of the holiday were put on hold. Instead of our big Christmas Eve dinner, we all ordered take-out Chinese food and hung out. The change in plan caused me to ponder certain things. Christmas, of course, is not about big dinners or presents or anything like that. It is, of course, about the Savior and his birth. But it is also about family. I am so grateful to have my family. I love them all so much and I am so thankful that the Savior came to this Earth and did the things necessary for me to be with my family forever. Its sad that the beautiful meaning of Christmas gets passed over for toys and reindeer and spending money. Im sad that the holidays are over but I am glad to know that the spirit of Christmas, which is the birth and life of Christ, last all year. Merry Christmas to all our loved ones!

No comments: