Thursday, December 10, 2009

About a Boy...

Where do I begin? How do I put into words how much this tiny baby has changed our lives in just a few days? This little guy began his descent into this world early last Saturday morning. At about 2:30 I woke up to a beautiful nudge in my stomach. About 8 minutes later, BAM! another nudge. After the third one, I woke up my husband with the news that Paxton was on his way. Before I knew it, my mom and her assisting midwife were there and my surges were about 4 minutes apart. Once everything was in place, I began my hypnobirthing and did my best to sink into a relaxed state. With Yiruma's Piano Collection playing in the background and Jon laying next to me, I focused my mind and heart on my baby. I was later told that I fell asleep in between every contraction. Once my water broke, Jon got behind me on our bed and together we worked our baby into the world. My husband was my rock. He was every bit the painkiller I needed. With each contraction, he whispered into my ear how good I was doing and how much he loved me. I cant tell you how long I was actually pushing, but in no time at all, I had my baby in my arms. Jon had his arms around me and together we held our baby for the first time.

Paxton Jon Hall was born on December 5 at 10:52am, weighing 7lbs 3oz and 19 1/2in long. From the very first moments, he was calm and peaceful and found happiness in the arms of his loving parents. Jon cut the cord and helped clean Paxton up then placed him in my arms.

Paxton sleeps. A LOT. When he's not sleeping, he's either eating or silently looking around. He only cries when he's being changed but is completely calm the moment he is warm again. He loves to cuddle and sleep on our chests. He doesnt even cry when he's hungry, which actually drives me a little crazy because its sometimes hard to know if its time to eat. Instead, he opens his mouth like a baby bird and kinda looks around for food. Its seriously the sweetest thing in the whole world. I love being the person that this little baby depends on. I love that he knows that I feed him and I hold him. Im his mother and he knows that and I cant think of any better feeling in the whole world.


I love seeing Jon with our baby. I see a whole new type of fulfillment in his eyes as he holds his son. Jon was always meant to be a daddy. He has such an amazing capacity to love and provide. He's been amazingly helpful with diaper changes, burping after feeding and rocking him for hours in the middle of the night. On top of that, he's taken care of me while Ive been recovering and he's kept up with the dishes and laundry.

I love everything about this beautiful experience we've been through. I honestly wouldnt change a thing. Labor was hard. I would never say it wasnt. And there were a couple of times that I doubted my ability to do what I needed to do. But Heavenly Father gave me an incredible body. He created women so divinely and gave us the incredible blessing and responsibility to bring children into this world. Paxton coming to this Earth was a vital step in his eternal progression and I am so reverently grateful to have been a part of that.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This entry almost made me cry. Congratulations, Hall FAMILY!

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

oh he is so precious. wish we were coming sooner, these pictures are so wonderful.