Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our 4th of July

This 4th, Jon and I enjoyed a quiet night at home. I made flag jello, homemade potato salad and Jon grilled brawts. It was all very American :) My brother, Michael and his cute little family came over and after dinner we went outside and lit off sparklers and fire crackers. Which, by-the-way, was kinda weird. Selling and lighting fireworks is legal this year for the first time in AZ history. I NEVER thought I would see that. Anyway, enjoy these pics. Im not in any of them because Im in the fat/awkward/uncomfortable stage of pregnancy so I refuse to be photographed.



I just wanted to add how unbelievably thankful I am to have been born a citizen of this amazing country. Thousands of people have risked their lives and even died, trying to become citizens here because this is a land of incredible freedoms. Im saddened to see where this country has gone the last several years. We seem to have taken for granted what freedom means, and why Heavenly Father provided a country where we can live without fear. Settlers moved to this country all those years ago so that they could pray and worship their God in their own ways, without persecution. Sadly, religion is what is being attacked the most today by government and media. Groups want to take "God" out of the Pledge of Allegiance, Christ out of Christmas, and prayer out of the public eye. They say it offends them. This country was founded on the basis of religious freedoms, not suffocation. I am thankful that I have the right to pray when I want, and where I want. That I can acknowledge God in public and private. I am a Latter-Day Saint, a Mormon, a Christian. Heavenly Father and Christ are the center of my life, my marriage and my family. I am eternally grateful to the many who have died and who fight today to preserve that freedom for me. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

I know how you feel about doing fireworks in Arizona... I felt that way last summer when we lived there and saw all the firework stands....