Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Sunny Christmas



Christmas was so much more about family this year than anything else. For the first time in about 10 years, ALL of my brothers and sisters were together for Christmas. It was so much fun seeing everyone and seeing the babies and just being together. Oh yeah, and we ate. A lot. We had a very Carlson-traditional Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas breakfast. So, so tasty. yummmmmmmmm! If there is one thing we Carlson's know how to do right, its food. Jon and I spent the weekend eating ham, cheeses, orange rolls, homemade candies and cookies and just about anything else we could want. Its a good thing Christmas comes just once a year, because DANG!
It was so much fun waking up at my parents house on Christmas morning. Mostly because the entire house slept in until 8am, but also because everyone was excited and happy. My sister, Shelly, got Jon and I an awesome gift: a gift card to go out to dinner and a promise to babysit Paxton for the day while Jon and I go to Manti to do a session at the temple there. I think that was the first Christmas ever that I cried!
We had a great Christmas, and hope you all did too! Merry Christmas!



1 comment:

Lucy said...

It was so fun to have you here! Thank-you so much for making the effort. Get better Paxton!