Friday, September 10, 2010

Our last little bit in Memphis, and a visit!


Jon and I are long gone from the Southern Heat, but I havent been able to blog for awhile so here's my catch up....
Shelly came for the past few days and we had so much fun showing her around Memphis. Unfortunately, it was SOOOO hot, so we didnt do much more than eat, but who can complain about that :)
First stop was Marlowes for some seriously good ribs.

This place is not only tasty, but smeared in Elvis memorabilia. Its just down the street from Graceland and was Elvis's favorite place to eat. We ate here on the weekend of the anniversary of Elvis's death and fanatics from all over the country had flocked to the area to mourn the death of their "King". The ribs were amazing, the home made salad dressings were to die for, and there was no shortage of fried foods!

Next stop was Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken. Um, I dont really even have words except "KFC who?". This chicken was AMAZING! It was the most humble of places, served on styrofoam plates, sided with slices of Wonder Bread and delivered to our table on nothing else but a cafeteria tray!
We tried fried pickles for the first time. They changed my life. I need to get me some more of this, fast!



(I have the hottest husband, and the cutest little baby)

2 comments:

Shelly Marie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I want these pictures!!

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

looks like you had a good time! wish we had been able to drive some more hours and see memphis hah.

p.s. you can get fried pickles at hooters... never been. i've just heard.