Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our year in 12 bite-size pieces

So just over a year ago Jon and I were at the Temple Lights here in Mesa and one of us (me, shhh) had a fun idea. We decided that we would take one picture for each month of 2008 and make them into ornaments for our first Christmas tree. These are the pics we used, um, kinda out of order but they're all there so who cares!

December
We got another puppy!!! Her name is Pennie and one day her and Franklin will get married and have a family of their own.


November
Thanksgiving! Turkey Day! This isnt the pic we used but I had to put it in for everyone else's benefit. Look closely at who is who. First we have Camron(left), our infamous 'Im Hungry' boy wearing, what else? A turkey hat. Those things on the sides are turkey legs! Then we have Diego, who is obviously not white, wearing the Indian hat. And lastly, we have Julien(right) our little white boy wearing the pilgrim hat. PC? you decide. I just enjoy the irony of it all

October
We went to Schnepf Farms and had fun watching turkey races, going thru the corn maze and many other 'fall' type activites. Not pictured are Uncle Bob and Melinda who were there with us.

September
Meet Franklin! Jons amazing birthday present to me. This dog is awsome! He's got the best personality and people cant stop telling us just how cute he is. We seriously have the honor roll puppy.


August
This is the trip we took for my birthday. Here we're at the Acquarium of the Pacific playing with the sea otters. Such a cool place to visit. On this trip we got to visit with Shen and Joubin and there adorable kids. We went to Disneyland again, 6 Flags and made it to the Santa Monica Pier for lunch.


July
Here we are at the Hoover Dam. This was on our way home from Vegas where we stayed for a few days. Sadly, this little stop was the highlight of our lame trip to Nevada. Never plan a trip to the strip during the summer, its just not worth it.


June
We're on the beautiful lake in Pinecrest, CA. My home-away-from-home. Ive spent nearly every summer there that I can remember and it was amazing to finally bring my husband with me. The visitors of this small 100 year old cabin dwelling lovingly call it their 'Heaven in the Hills'

May
Here we are in Payson on our first ever camping trip. I hadnt been in years and couldnt believe how much fun we had. The weather was perfect and we hiked the Tonto Natural Bridge. Absolutely beautiful!


April
We went to Disneyland for a few days for Jon's birthday. Why is the Magic Kingdom so much better when youre there with your best friend? Definitely the best trip there ever!


March
If you cant tell, Im miserable... just hours after having my wisdom teeth removed. Hmmm why is Jon so happy? Helped himself to some of my pain killers perhaps???

February
Snow Trip
Our pants got SOAKED in the snow so naturally, we just took them off for the ride home. We just couldnt bring ourselves to put our cold wet pants back on when we arrived home so ...Jon is wrapped in a duvet we had in the car and I fashioned my pants from an extra sweater we had.


January
Of course, our wedding. The day that started it all!



1 comment:

Tina said...

This is such a great idea...a picture for every month. You two are so fun!

I feel old though. I could do a picture for every year of being married, and still have twice as many as you do. (I might have to do that.)